After 71 teas, 29 coffees at 76 different places, here is how my Instagram profile looks like now — https://www.instagram.com/manojsurya/ , and my cousin sister Manorama helped me put all these in an google sheet so i can track my coffee/tea numbers better and here it is — https://goo.gl/ctCi9v
Sometimes you keep doing things and figure out you could do it better if you are doing it anyways. At the start of 2017 i was getting into a lot of meetings with different people for work in coffee shops.
While i waited for them or sometimes i go into coffee shops and start working there, strangely enough i picked the habit of clicking the pictures of whatever coffee/tea i was having there and started posting on my Instagram.
At some point i thought it would be fun to try 100 different coffee/tea in 2017 and i just did. I wasnt an addict of caffine then or even now but probably i might have started liking few types of coffee & tea.
Here are my best recommended places to go
- Chit Chat Chai — Masala Tea
- White Board Cafe — Masala Tea
- Al — Saba — Irani Chai (The best Irani Chai and samosas i tasted so far)
- Karachi Cafe — Irani Chai
- Stalls out side DLF — Best Lemon Teas
- Dostea — Masala Coffee
- Starbucks — CocoaCoffee (or CocoaCappachino)
- Starbucks — FrenchPress (Black Coffee)
- Gourment Baklava — Turkish coffee (Black Coffee)
I started liking more of black coffee than the normal ones and i realised very few can make good teas and green teas are not autentic(they give dip bags)
I honesly have to admit that i started hating a lot of coffee shops for two reasons
- Most of them give dip tea bags when you order and its not authentic and not worth it
- Most of them dont know to make a good coffee, forget about having great coffee
Forget about people saying coffee shop business is crowded, i would say there are hardly handful of good ones with authentic making. I really hope Hyderabad would get a coffee shop that has wonderful authentic Coffees and Teas.
May be in 2018 i would try to be very selective on where i would go. If you have got good recommendations, hit me up :) !
If you have read this far, thank you :) , and i hope we all find few more little things to do in 2018 that we love to do and experience.